What to look for when hiring a commercial roofing company
As a business, you know that you don’t take the first offer that comes around, no, you need to do your due diligence when you hire a commercial roofing company for any work you need do around your business. Part of the reason you need to investigate is that as a business owner, you are an expert in your business, not what you may be contracting out for. Sometimes emergencies preclude your full investigation and you need to get somebody out yesterday to get the repairs you need to be done. A roof at your business is one such emergency that can’t wait – wet floors that come from leaks in the roof can stop the production you need to make your factory or production facility pay. If the roof at your business has sprung a leak or needs major work, reach out to us at AM Flat Roofing Solutions to get the problems corrected so your business can resume operations. To get the best results for the expert you hire to make the repairs you need now, there is a procedure to follow that will yield excellent results for the money you are about to spend.
Tips for hiring a commercial roofing company
• Salesmen come in all shapes and sizes and that means they employ a host of tactics to get a client to sign on the bottom line. If you feel pressured into signing a deal with a salesperson, chances are you don’t want to do business with them. If the salesperson comes to your location looking for information that will help lead to a quality roof repair you may have just found the company to solve your problems.
• When trying to locate a contractor, use the rule of three – seek out three companies that provide the type of work you need and then invite them to your location for an investigation. Then it is up to the contractor to provide the advice and the price that match your needs, anything less is money poorly spent.
• To verify that you have chosen a professional roofer, ask about credentials. Insurance is important as well as being a member of the Better Business Bureau or the Canadian Roofers Contractors Association as a validation of credentials.
• To determine if the contractor you are evaluating is the right contractor for you, try to verify the address the contractor does business out of. If he has at least five years at the same location it demonstrates a commitment to his community and reveals the level of workmanship you will receive.
• Once you have identified a quality contractor, try to build a rapport with them – remember that you will need a contractor in the future whether you have an emergency or not so it pays to establish relationships where you can find them.
If you have never hired a roofing contractor for work at your place of business, there are some things you should about to make the process a smooth one.
First and foremost, you want a company that has the ability and expertise to do the job. Experience plays a critical role here and you want to know that the company you are assessing has done the work you need in the past. The expertise that is so important will come to the fore when you are in the planning or execution stages of the roofing job you need and the confidence your contractor will inspire is what will help tell you that you have made the right choice.
To get started hiring a commercial roofing company, ask about references from previous work, it should be a welcoming inquiry for a contractor, as they should have no trouble proving that they do quality work. If you are stuck in a pinch that an emergency can create, call around to business contacts and or friends and family who have had roofing work done at their businesses.
Roofing work is never about the price; it is about what the work entails and how it will solve your problems topside. All roofing contractors who are worth their salt will place integrity above all else and won’t hesitate to go the extra mile for a customer in need.
When you have made the right decision to hire AM Flat Roofing Solutions you stand to benefit from our many years serving the industry. After more than 60-years of work we can say that we are an industry leader in flat roofing work and reputation stands the test of time. Once our work is complete at your place of business, we will issue a 10-year warranty for the work as a commitment to quality workmanship.
When you need a commercial roofing company, call upon us at AM Flat Roofing Solutions for a full suite of services. We cater to our customers with a free estimate, a free inspection, and a no-cost meeting to discuss your current and future roofing needs. Place a call to our office today at 1.877.281.6900 to start your roofing maintenance program with AM Flat Roofing Solutions.